SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, plays an integral role in spreading awareness for all brands today. If a company hopes to vocalize their message/product/service in the digital realm, SEO provides the bullhorn.
Here are some fundamental guidelines to keep in mind to not only create the most user-friendly experience for your site but also help search engines spotlight your brand.
1) Visualize Your Website Hierarchy
- Details such as content, information architecture (i.e. how your website is formatted) and content management system - management software applications - should receive the most attention on your website. And think of links and paid search-type components as the icing - not the cake.
2) Understand the Nature of Search Engines
- Search engines send users to content they deem as most relevant. So, have text/titles/descriptions in your content include keywords consistent to your theme , ensure succinct loading time for pages, get authoritative websites to cite your content and double-check your page's readability.
3) Don't Forget Those Multi-Channels
- Multi-Channels include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and even radio ads. When optimizing multi-channels, your keywords need to match those from your website. Doing so trains users to use specific phrases when searching for your content, thereby optimizing them for you.
4) Choose Domain Names Wisely
- Try including keywords you're trying to optimize in your domain name, or try buying older domains with established awareness. But if you do, make sure the previous owner didn't taint the name with anything controversial. Taking both strategies to heart will make everything easier.
There you have it! SEO can be tricky, but we believe these tips should be a good starting place to master your craft.
If you would like to learn how the Burnette Agency can help grow your brand awareness and social media presence please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-850-2081.