Many believe the middle/working class makes up the backbone of a society. In order for this backbone to remain stable and functional, small business owners must consistently adapt to changes in the market and marketing strategy in the hopes of retaining relevancy.
So, what do small business owners around the nation need to do now to stay competitive?
Here are our top 3 tips:
1) Take Online Reviews Seriously
- The majority of people today use the internet to search for businesses, and one of the first aspects of businesses they look into is their reviews.
- Put it this way: Studies shows maintaining a 5-star rating increases click-through rates by nearly 30%!
- With that said, small businesses now are catching onto the importance of providing great service for great reviews and immediately reaching out to negative ones to salvage damaged relationships.
2) Outsource Their Marketing
- 70% of small businesses perform in-house marketing.
- However, surveys showed the majority of owners who expressed satisfaction in their business' marketing efforts were comprised of those who outsourced to agencies.
- Long story short: If you're willing and able to spend a little more, leave your PR, marketing and overall communication ploys to the professionals. Results will follow suit.
3) Focus on Quality Websites
- We mentioned this in a previous blog, but websites and home pages are one of the first - if not the first - glimpses potential clients will have into your business.
- Studies show nearly 1/3 of small businesses don't even have a website! Although this statistic improved compared to the previous year, it remains concerning.
- Take the time to either hire a solid website designer with at least basic SEO skills, or utilize easy-to-use webpage builders like Squarespace or WordPress. Take your first impression seriously!
If you would like to learn how The Burnette Agency can help grow your brand awareness and social media presence please email us at email@example.com or call 404-850-2081.